The Philadelphia 76’ers are moving full steam ahead in this 2017-2018 season. Joel Embiid is playing good, solid and quality football and his counterpart on the court, Ben Simmons, is making a case early on for Rookie of the Year. This week, we brought onto the show Matt Carey, writer and contributor at LibertyBallers.com and the Reading Eagle, to dissect and give his in-depth analysis into this Sixers season.
But first, on the Brief News & Views segment:
1. The lowly, lowly Flyers are losing, losing, losing. (4:15)
2. PSU’s offensive coordinator, Joe Moorhead, heads to Mississippi State. (13:10)
3. Villanova is ranked No. 4 in the nation. (17:15)
4. Dusty Wathan moves to the Phillies, other coaching news and notes. (22:20)
5. Eagles talk: who should be re-signed next, our predictions for this week’s game vs. Seattle. (26:05)
What we’re throwing down on the Table this week is an interview and conversation with Matt Carey from Liberty Ballers. Overall, we get into how this team is progressing as they find themselves on the court night after night – the development between Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons. The one theme that persists is that the Sixers are unable to finish games after being ahead in the score consistently. What is Brett Brown’s future if this does not change? While Dario Saric continues to develop, there’s still room for improvement, which we dive into. Also, what will happen with Markelle Fultz once he returns to action? Will he be a bench player? How does Robert Covington’s contract help to shape the future of the team’s direction. All of this and much more this week on the Table. (36:55)