Will we see in the future a new and improved Eagles team after analyzing this draft? That is the question we’ll be asking ourselves for the next few months leading up to Training Camp. But thankfully, John Barchard (@JohnBarchard) from the BGN Radio podcast and 94 WIP joined us this week for some early analysis of where this Eagles team is heading.
But first, on the Brief News & Views segment:
1. Phillies pitcher, Aaron Nola, is getting a MRI on his back. (5:40)
2. Flyers news and notes: They get the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, Vorobyov is signed, Simmonds is up for an award. (13:40)
3. Sixers GM, Bryan Colangelo, is scouting in Europe. (25:25)
4. Temple football and the NFL Draft. (30:30)
5. TAKE IT or LEAVE IT: Wendell Smallwood will be the Eagles starting running back week one of the regular season. (34:05)
Our Listener Feedback this week focused on the Adam Jones and Red Sox fiasco and our thoughts on whether the Eagles “reached” for DE Derek Barnett with their first selection at the NFL Draft. (39:20)
And then what we’re throwing down on the Table is an in-depth and passionate interview with BGN Radio’s host, John Barchard. John took us inside what it was like broadcasting from the NFL Draft, the positives and negatives, and whether or not the draft should return to Philly next year. Then we discussed and analyzed the talent acquired from the Eagles first pick, Barnett, to the defensive talent taken and what these new wide receivers may bring to the table for Carson Wentz down the road. (50:15)
We’d enjoy hearing from you! Call 610-255-7198 and leave us a message to play on the show about anything Philly sports related.