Well, the Eagles absolutely knocked everyone’s socks off today when they made a trade and deal with the Cleveland Browns. The Eagles will now pick No. 2 overall next Thursday, April 28th, and the Browns will pick at the No. 8 spot. I didn’t think the Birds would pull the trigger and do something so extreme. But again, this organization continues to prove countless fans, including myself, wrong.
Here’s how the Eagles/Browns deal looks as it even extends into 2018:
Eagles: Obtain 2016 No. 2 overall pick, 2017 fourth-round pick.
Browns: Obtain 2016 No. 8 overall pick, 2016 third-round pick (No. 77), 2016 fourth-round pick (No. 100), 2017 first-round pick, 2018 second-round pick.
The Eagles initially made a deal back in March with the Miami Dolphins that allowed them to leap from the No. 13 overall pick to the No. 8 pick. It was a bold, solid move that got rid of inflated contracts and players that just didn’t seem to fit the Eagles new direction. The fans, for the most part, loved it.
As noted above, the Eagles sold a ton of picks for the No. 2 overall pick next week. They will likely draft a franchise quarterback – QB Carson Wentz from North Dakota State – who will be a project for at least the next year or two. There are many questions that’ll be answered in the coming weeks, months and years. But for now, here’s how my latest mock has been altered.
- Los Angeles Rams – QB Jared Goff
- Philadelphia Eagles – QB Carson Wentz
- San Diego Chargers – OL Laremy Tunsil
- Dallas Cowboys – CB Jalen Ramsey
- Jacksonville Jaguars – LB Joey Bosa
- Baltimore Ravens – OL Ronnie Stanley
- San Francisco 49’ers – LB Myles Jack
- Cleveland Browns – QB Paxton Lynch
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CB Vernon Hargreaves III
- New York Giants – RB Ezekiel Elliott
- Chicago Bears – DE DeForest Buckner
- New Orleans Saints – DT A’Shawn Robinson
- Miami Dolphins – DT Sheldon Rankins
- Oakland Raiders – CB Eli Apple
- Tennessee Titans – OL Jack Conklin
- Detroit Lions – WR Laquon Treadwell
- Atlanta Falcons – WR Corey Coleman
- Indianapolis Colts – DE/OLB Leonard Floyd
- Buffalo Bills – LB Reggie Ragland
- New York Jets – WR Josh Doctson
- Washington Redskins – DT Andrew Billings
- Houston Texans – WR Will Fuller
- Minnesota Vikings – WR Sterling Shepard
- Cincinnati Bengals – WR Michael Thomas
- Pittsburgh Steelers – CB William Jackson III
- Seattle Seahawks – OL Cody Whitehair
- Green Bay Packers – DT Jarran Reed
- Kansas City Chiefs – LB Darron Lee
- New England Patriots — They cheated, forced to forfeit pick
- Arizona Cardinals – DE/OLB Kevin Dodd
- Carolina Panthers – S/LB Su’a Cravens
- Denver Broncos – DT Chris Jones